Website Helix Water District
Helix Water District is currently seeking a Meter Reader Assistant to join their team. The Meter Reader Assistant is part time position with no benefits. This position is responsible for reading water meters for customers wishing to initiate or terminate water service, reread meters for consumption confirmation and driving a district vehicle to deliver customer communications, including pending shut off notices. They will perform maintenance in and around the meter boxes, and answer basic questions from customers.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read water meters for customers wishing to initiate or terminate water service
- Reread meters for consumption confirmation
- Lock and unlock water meters for shut offs
- Deliver customer communications, including pending shut off notices
- Perform maintenance in and around the meter boxes to improve access, including removal of soil from the box and trimming of overgrown vegetation
- Answer basic questions from customers
Ability to work Monday – Friday, between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. (schedule time will vary) between 15-20 hours per week. There will be some weeks with no available work hours
Valid California Class C driver’s license and ability to maintain insurability under district’s vehicle insurance policy
Hours and Location of Work
Must be available to work Monday – Friday, between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. (Schedule time will vary) Work schedule is typically 15-20 hours per week and on-call as needed, however, there may be weeks that there are no hours available. This position is part time with no benefits. This position will not exceed 950 hours per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
To be considered for the part-time Meter Reader Assistant, please complete the online application and supplemental questionnaire and view a complete list of job responsibilities by visiting our career section at hwd.com/careers/. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the online application.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.