Website Leucadia Wastewater District
Leaders in Environmental Protection
Leucadia Wastewater District is an independent special district, located in Carlsbad, CA that provides wastewater collection services to the Leucadia and Village Park area of Encinitas and the La Costa area of Carlsbad. Our mission is to serve the public by collecting, transporting, recycling and treating wastewater in a safe, reliable, efficient, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner, while providing excellent service to our customers. The District offers an excellent benefit package and employees work a 9/80 schedule.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is the entry level class in the Field Services Technician series. Under close supervision, the Field Services Technician-in-training performs a wide variety of manual labor tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of wastewater collection and treatment facilities, including pumping stations, sewer lines, other sanitary sewer collection system appurtenant structures and water reclamation plant facilities. Candidate must be willing and able to work any shift; work holidays, weekends and emergency overtime as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the maintenance, repair and cleaning of sewer lines utilizing power operated equipment.
- Cleans precipitates such as grit, sludge, grease, and other debris from pump station wet wells, manholes and other sanitary sewer collection system appurtenant structures.
- Lubricates equipment such as pumps, motors and valves. Assists with pump and motor overhauls.
- Properly and safely operates light equipment and light to medium weight vehicles.
- Uses hand and power tools and equipment to perform maintenance and repair tasks.
- Performs building and grounds maintenance at District facilities.
Assists in raising manhole covers and other structures to grade.
Required Certificates and Licenses
Must possess a valid California Class ‘C’ driver’s license and be able to obtain a valid California Class ‘B’ driver’s license (with tanker and air brake endorsements) within six (6) months of hire.
Must be able to obtain a California Water Environment Association collection system operator certification within six (6) months of hire and water treatment operator (T1) certification within one (1) year of hire.
To be considered, please complete LWD’s application and supplemental questionnaire, along with a current resume. LWD’s application and supplemental questionnaire is available at www.lwwd.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.lwwd.org.