The San Diego County Water Authority is an independent public agency that serves as San Diego County's regional water wholesaler.
- Knowledge of public works contracting and procurement functions, such as developing scopes of work, contract and amendment development, negotiations, and contract administration.
- Experience in budget administration and forecast development, including cash flow forecasts.
- Ability to learn technical concepts, perform business/management studies, and create spreadsheets.
- Experience performing data entry, queries, and analysis within a centralized financial data management system (Peoplesoft desired).
- Excellent grammar and written communication skills.
- Ability to find inconsistencies in data, spot mistakes in their own work and that of others, and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to fine-tune details while focusing on the big picture.
- Flexibility and the capacity to comfortably adapt to and manage change in a fast-paced and evolving workplace.
Operations & Maintenance Administration Division
The Operations & Maintenance Administration Division provides administrative support to the 86 personnel located at the Water Authority’s Escondido office. The division is responsible for department budget management, procurement and invoice processing, contracts, energy administration, emergency management, records management, quagga mussel program management, grants management, and other related support functions.
The qualification guidelines generally describe the knowledge and ability required to enter the job in order to successfully perform the assigned duties. Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, or a closely related field, supplemented by three years of professional experience in administration and management analysis; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements
A valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the Water Authority’s Vehicle Insurance Policy.
To be considered for this position, please submit an employment application and supplemental questionnaire by Wednesday, July 6, 2022, at 5:30 p.m. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application and supplemental questionnaire. Apply online at www.sdcwa.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.