Website Olivenhain Municipal Water District
Olivenhain Municipal Water District is seeking candidates for the position of Department Assistant I. This at will position reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative and customer service support functions. The pay range is $23.20 – $32.44 per hour. Pay range increasing to $24.94 – $34.87 on 7/1/2023.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides administrative and project support to supervisor and the Engineering department.
· Assists with project monitoring and budget tracking and assures operations are within budgetary guidelines.
· Composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence, memos, reports, agendas, resolutions, and policies.
· Generates clear and concise business correspondence, which may require posting.
· Maintains files and records in accordance with approved records retention schedules.
· Utilizes a variety of computer software to perform data entry.
· Performs copying, filing, and other routine administrative tasks.
· Answers inquiries involving routine department procedures, activities, and functions.
· Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, event registration, and travel arrangements.
· Assists with meeting preparation, set-up, and clean up.
· Suggests policy changes in order to streamline department operations.
· Provides back-up support for OMWD front desk including assisting customers, taking messages, relaying calls, and receiving payments.
Minimum of three years of progressive experience performing a variety of administrative support functions, including composing, editing and proofing correspondence; front desk support; ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and various computer applications; and a proven ability to organize and manage competing tasks and priorities. Education equivalent to graduation from high school. Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability are required.
OMWD offers a very competitive benefits package including CalPERS retirement and fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for family coverage. Interested candidates must submit a completed OMWD employment application and current resume. All application materials will be evaluated and only the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. Subject to a background check for convictions directly related to job duties. Only job related convictions will be considered, and will not automatically disqualify the final candidate. Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: www.olivenhain.com/job-opportunities
Application deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 12, 2022
OMWD Human Resources, 1966 Olivenhain Road, Encinitas, CA 92024
To apply for this job please visit www.olivenhain.com.