Website Otay Water District
Are you a leader who is resourceful and self-directed? Do you have outstanding organizational skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you a veteran or transitioning military? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you. We invite proactive, innovative and dedicated candidates to submit a District employment application for consideration.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in meter maintenance and/or cross-connection and will be considered a “working supervisor.” The ideal candidate should possess exceptional problem-solving and interpersonal skills. In addition, the ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to backflow and cross connection devices, and water metering devices.
About the Position and Department
This position is in the Finance Department and reports directly to the Customer Services Manager and organizes, supervises, assists and directs the operations of the Meter Maintenance and Meter Reading Section; plans and schedules work, prepares for annual audits and inspections and performs various high level field work and analysis. The Finance Department is responsible for Customer Service, Meter Services, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Payroll and has a staff of approximately 31 employees.
Applications will be accepted until there are a sufficient number of highly qualified applicants from which to make a selection. However, for the earliest consideration, please submit your application materials by August 21, 2022. For information on the recruitment process, please go to the Employment section of our website www.otaywater.gov or click here.
Examples of Duties
- Monitors and maintains the District’s meter reading program.
- Monitors and implements the Cross Connection Program required by State and District codes and ordinances. Contacts and advises customers of installation and maintenance requirements. Sends warnings, final notice letters and contacts customers who fail to meet requirements.
- Installs, repairs, cleans, rebuilds, replaces and flow-tests water meters to American Water Works Association (AWWA) standards.
- Maintains a meter and register change out program, keeping records of location, date installed and changed, size and type of water meter and spot checks all areas.
For the complete job description go to the Employment section of our website www.otaywater.gov or click here
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- A valid California Driver’s License and safe driving record.
American Water Works Association Backflow Tester Certification and/or American Backflow Prevention Association (ABPA)
- Certification required within twelve (12) months of appointment.
American Water Works Association Cross Connection Control Program Specialist Certification required.
- California State Water Resource Control Board Water Distribution Grade III Certification desired.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Training Requirements
Five (5) years in meter maintenance, potable or recycled water distribution, or cross connection. Experience with automated meter reading desired. Supervisory experience is desirable.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
This position will be subject to random drug testing during employment.
This position is exempt from overtime.
Otay Water District is a Smoking, Tobacco and Nicotine Free Campus.
All Otay Water District employees are at-will pursuant to California Water Code, Section 71362.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.