Padre Dam Municipal Water District
Padre Dam is seeking a highly motivated, skilled facility maintenance worker.
Incumbents are responsible for performing a wide variety of general building maintenance and Warehouse customer service functions District wide.
Facilities maintenance activities include: the ability to perform new installations, maintenance, and repairs to include masonry, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, mechanical and interior and exterior painting and finishes; estimating materials, tools, equipment, ordering parts for projects; and maintaining safety and security to include securing property lines and safety related matters that impacts District facilities; making recommendations for improvements; and coordinating specialized work with contractors and internal departments. Day porter activities may include campus and building cleanup; conference room setup before and after meetings; identifying and removing safety hazards. Warehouse activities may include palletizing and storage of materials; pulling inventory and or picking up parts from outside vendors; operating a forklift; maintaining inventories and delivering materials to job sites.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment at all District facilities. Identifies, removes, or repairs potential hazards, protecting occupants from unsafe conditions.
- Provide scheduled maintenance inspections and repairs. Maintain a record of service cycles and other maintenance activities conducted. Maintains preventative maintenance records, reports and files as required.
- Maintains, repairs and constructs irrigation systems including timers, pumps, pressure regulators and electronic valves.
- Performs routine to complex electrical, plumbing, masonry, and carpentry.
- Performs routine to complex HVAC, boiler and mechanical duties, inspecting, installing or replacing filters, pumps, motors, controls and preventative maintenance.
- Maintains safety and security of District wide facilities, inspecting securing or replacing fence material, barbed wire, razor wire, wall spikes, pedestrian gates, vehicle gates, vehicle gate motors, camera systems and access control systems.
- Cleans District facilities/buildings including common areas
- Prepare conference rooms before and after meetings
- Assist with warehouse functions to include storing, palletizing and issuing of material; check stock levels to verify inventory. Delivers materials and parts to job sites and/or Alpine yard.
- Assist warehouse staff with maintaining inventory records, records receipt and issuance of stock to jobs and maintenance, records via computer input.
- Provides customer service to Padre Dam staff who utilizes the warehoused materials.
- Responds to both on-duty and after-hours systems/facilities emergencies and coordinates and completes the necessary repairs.
- Performs other duties as needed, of a similar nature or level.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.