Padre Dam Municipal Water District
Utility Workers are responsible for installation, repair and maintenance of water and sewer systems and related components. Duties may include: working alone or as a member of a crew in installing and repairing water services and fire services; maintaining mains and valves; installing and repairing sewer mains and laterals; performing maintenance of manholes, mains and laterals; maintaining and repairing recycled water pipelines; performing wet taps on mains under pressure; performing basic maintenance of pump stations, reservoirs, valves, sewer trunk lines, force main, lift stations and influent pump station; operating equipment as assigned including the closed circuit television truck and vactor truck; responding to and performing emergency repairs for water and sewer problems; removing and replacing concrete and asphalt; constructing walls and fences; performing general yard cleanup; and, repairing damages resulting from vandalism. Incumbents in this class may be required to receive and respond to after-hour calls.
- General heavy construction or underground utility construction;
- Safety precautions;
- General understanding of water or wastewater utilities infrastructure.
- Performing construction and maintenance activities;
- Reading blueprints;
- Using hand and power tools;
- Operating equipment as assigned;
- Basic computer usage;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Training and Experience:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) and one year experience in basic construction, preferably underground construction; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Incumbents must be insurable and pass a background check.
Licensing Requirements(position requirements at entry, depending on job assignment):
- Valid California Driver’s License; Class “A” required within one year of hire. Class A must be maintained through employment.
- At least a minimum of one of the following licenses or certificates:
- Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 certificate from the State Water Resources Control Board within one year (or two test cycles) of hire. Grade 2 is preferable.
- CWEA (California Water Environment Association) Collection System Maintenance Grade 1 certificate required within one year (or two test cycles) of hire; Grade 2 is preferable.
Grade D2 and/or C2 are required to move into higher Utility Worker grade levels.
This position is open until filled. We will take a first look at applications at the end of August and schedule the first round of testing the second week of September.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.