The Water Authority is looking for a Student Intern in the Public Affairs Department. If interested in this position, please apply promptly as the first application review will be Monday, November 6, 2023. The recruitment will remain open until filled.
Student Interns receive real-world work experience in the field of public affairs and prepare for job opportunities after graduation by obtaining professional work experience to build their resume. Interns will be trained by innovative and professional staff in a high-performing, fast paced environment. Interns will gain experience in a wide range of Water Authority activities related to water supply, drought communications and community engagement. We are looking for someone who is passionate about community engagement, interested in learning more about regional water issues, is self motivated and has a desire to serve their community.
Education Experience: Candidates must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university at a junior or senior class level. Student must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better in the last 60 semester units.
Skills and Job Knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Desirable skills include WordPress, web-based software programs, Drupal, Photoshop, video editing, and Constant Contact.
- Experience conducting on-line research is highly desirable.
- Candidates must have excellent written communication skills; after receiving training, interns must be able to interact with the public on a variety of water-related topics.
Licenses / Certificates / Special Requirements
- A valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the Water Authority’s Vehicle Insurance Policy.
To be considered for this position, please submit an online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application and supplemental questionnaire. This recruitment is open until filled with the first application review on Monday, November 6, 2023, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. The application period may be closed without notice as soon as a sufficient number of applications have been received.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.