Open Until Filled, Initial Screening October 18, 2021
Apply online at www.vwd.org
Annual salary $84,528 – $113,275
Hiring range $84,528 – $93,192 DOE
- Responsible for the inspection of water, recycled water, and wastewater systems on developer and capital facilities projects
- Oversees preparation of progress pay estimates, change orders, and other documentation related to the construction management of District projects; reviews inspection reports on District projects; reviews daily logs and reports; checks “as-built” plans for completeness and accuracy; reviews preliminary plans and shop drawings; performs close-outs for development projects
- Performs field inspections of complex construction work ensure compliance with approved plans, standard District specifications, and District rules and regulations; offers solutions for special construction issues and conditions; prepares project correspondence to stakeholders
- Schedules and arranges for construction surveys, soils and materials testing, and other special services or materials; conducts a variety of tests on new facilities; schedules and coordinates shutdown of District facilities and ensures all facets of shutdown and connections/repairs comply with District standards and specifications
- Assists Senior Engineers with capital and development improvement project management; coordinates construction and inspection services with contractors, other agencies, and other concerned parties; meets and confers with representatives of utility companies, contractors, public agencies, and the general public; answers citizen complaints and requests for information
- Plans, assigns, supervises, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned staff, including Construction Inspectors and Facility Locator
A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities include:
12th grade or equivalent, and; four years’ experience in construction inspection of water and sewer facilities that included large diameter pipelines, reservoirs, water and sewer pump stations, contract bid documents and specifications required, with at least one year in a lead role preferred.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California Class C driver’s license is required. Possession of a State Water Resources Control Board Distribution 2 (D2) certificate is highly preferred. Possession of a D3 is desirable.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate must maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, engineers, developers, contractors, and the public. As a District representative, the Construction Inspection Supervisor should have strong oral and written communication skills for multiple settings, capable of adjusting communication style and techniques accordingly. This position leads a team with various experience levels, and is expected to provide supervision, coaching, and training in accordance with District values and goals.
The ideal Construction Inspection Supervisor has extensive knowledge and experience of water and/or wastewater construction methods, materials, practices, and specifications, including safety practices. The Construction Inspection Supervisor should have experience enforcing compliance with agency plans, specifications, and codes. The preferred candidate has prior experience in capital improvement projects, asset management, and pipeline assessment. A State Water Resources Control Board Distribution 2 certificate, or equivalent experience, is highly preferred.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND QUALITY OF LIFE
- Annual Salary Increases and Cost of Living Allowances
- Social Security and CalPERS retirement with 3% at 60 formula for Classic members
- Choice of 4 medical plans with District contribution (100% Family Coverage Kaiser HMO)
- District-paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Two Deferred Compensation plans with $2,000 annual match
- Tuition Reimbursement, Computer Loan, and Employee Recognition programs
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs with on-site fitness room
- 9/80 work schedule with alternate Fridays off
The above terms are not a contract, subject to eligibility requirements and reflect the current Memorandum of Understanding with the Vallecitos Water District Employees’ Association.
To apply for this job please visit www.vwd.org.