Website Vista Irrigation District
Please visit our website at www.vidwater.org to apply.
Hourly Pay: $47.89 to $58.21 ($99,609 to $121,075 Annually)
Under the general direction of the Director of Administration, performs professional administrative duties in support of District programs and functions; performs research, statistical and other analytical work; and assists with public outreach activities and media relations.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Determines analytical techniques and information gathering and statistical processes and obtains required information and data for analysis; prepares findings and recommendations based on analysis.
2. Assists with administering the District’s public outreach programs; drafts media releases; drafts outreach materials and bulletins; presents information to community groups; coordinates responses to media inquiries; serves as the District’s media representative.
3. Coordinates responses to public record requests and miscellaneous surveys.
4. Prepares and presents staff reports on public outreach programs, special projects and other District programs to the Board of Directors.
5. Coordinates the development and maintenance of the District’s website.
6. Serves as District representative on regional legislative committees; researches legislative issues affecting the District; updates District management regarding issues and prepares position statements.
7. Assists Purchasing Agent with developing request for proposals/quotes, preparing contract documents and responding to requests for information related to prevailing wages and contract requirements.
8. Prepares technical reports, correspondence and other written materials; provides assistance to District management on administrative and analytical matters.
9. Conducts a variety of special studies and projects related to the functions and goals of the District; plans, coordinates, and assists with the analysis and development of recommendations.
10. Reviews administrative practices and makes recommendations for improvements.
11. Assists in the design and development of reports to meet the needs of the District.
12. Attends meetings with officials of other governmental agencies, business and community groups and the public regarding assigned projects and District programs.
13. Monitors District agreements with outside vendors.
14. Coordinates the development of the annual Public Relations section budget; prepares draft annual section budget request for the Director of Administration review.
15. Acts as back-up to Water Conservation Specialist.
16. Performs general office duties, including production of a wide variety of correspondence, documents, forms, memoranda, notes, statistical data, records, reports, and other items. Establishes and maintains filing systems, including computerized indexes. Forwards appropriate records to central administrative filing system.
17. Works independently in the absence of a supervisor.
18. Performs related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
· Principles and practices of financial, statistical, and comparative analysis;
· Principles, practices and methods of administrative and organizational analysis;
· Public administration policies and procedures;
· Principles of technical report preparation and sound business communication;
· Public speaking and techniques of effective presentations;
· English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation at an advanced level;
· Modern office equipment and methods including use of applicable computer applications; and
· Appropriate safety practices, safe work procedures and safety regulations.
· Independently perform a variety of professional administrative duties including financial and statistical analysis.
· Collect, evaluate and interpret a variety of data and prepare and present recommendations.
· Work on a variety of administrative, operational and organizational issues, evaluate alternatives and reach sound recommendations.
· Prepare clear, concise and technically accurate written documents appropriate to the receiving audience.
· Coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
· Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
· Make public presentations.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Perform work in accordance with safety regulations, guidelines and practices.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Operate and use modern office equipment including a computer and applicable software.
· Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices, if required to drive for District business.
Training and Experience:
· Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in public or business administration, journalism or closely related field and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative and/or analytical experience.
· Experience in administering programs or coordinating public outreach activities for a governmental agency is highly desirable.
License and Certificate
· Possess a valid California driver’s license and ability to maintain insurability under the District’s automobile liability insurance carrier.
To apply for this job email your details to MBernal@vidwater.org