DIRECTOR OF WATER RESOURCES
Website Vista Irrigation District
Please visit our website at www.vidwater.org to apply.
Annual Salary: $191,127 to $232,315
Under the General Direction of the General Manager, plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Water Resources Division. Has overall responsibility for Lake Henshaw, the Warner Ranch, local water facilities jointly managed with the City of Escondido, and the administration of the District’s responsibilities under the San Luis Rey Indian Water Rights Settlement Agreement.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Plans and directs the operation and maintenance of the water production and transmission activities at the Warner Ranch, including those pertaining to Henshaw Dam, Lake Henshaw, and the Warner Wellfield.
2. Plans and directs water quality monitoring and management activities at Lake Henshaw, including measures to manage harmful algal blooms and their byproducts.
3. Oversees and directs the District’s responsibilities under the San Luis Rey Indian Water Rights Settlement Agreement and related agreements. Represents the District in reports, correspondence and meetings pertaining to the administration of those agreements. Consults with Settlement Parties pertaining to the availability and scheduling of water deliveries each year. Provides accounting to support various payments established under those agreements.
4. Oversees the management of the 43,000 acre Warner Ranch. Administers various concessions, leases, licenses, and permits associated with the Warner Ranch property. Plans and directs District efforts to protect environmental resources on the Warner Ranch.
5. Supervises, trains and evaluates the performance of reporting supervisorial and support staff.
6. Oversees and represents the District’s interests in the Escondido-Vista Water Treatment Plant and the Escondido Canal.
7. Represents the District before governmental agencies and the public in matters pertaining to Warner Ranch and Lake Henshaw.
8. May serve as the Acting General Manager, when designated.
9. Performs other related work as assigned.
Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in in biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, or closely related field; postgraduate course work or degree in one of the aforementioned majors is desirable.
Ten years of progressively responsible supervisory and managerial experience and a combination of training, education and/or experience in the areas of civil engineering, hydrology, groundwater, limnology, water treatment, public works administration, environmental resources and Native American issues preferred.
Registration as a licensed civil engineer desirable.
Must be a licensed driver in California and be acceptable to the District’s automobile liability insurance carrier.
Must represent the District in working with other governmental agencies, special interest groups and the public. Must establish and promote good relations with other District employees and the general public.
To apply for this job email your details to MBernal@vidwater.org