Website Vista Irrigation District
Under the general supervision of the Engineering Services Manager, performs a wide variety of responsible administrative, clerical and technical support work for the Engineering Division. This position provides administrative and engineering support services including customer assistance, workflow tracking, data gathering and reporting, and file management.
1. Assists customers, developers, engineers and contractors at the engineering counter or by phone regarding inquiries on property/capacity requirements for water, District policies and procedures, record drawing requests and/or any other routine customer requests; process routine applications for water meters, construction meters, fire hydrants, etc.; researches and assists with the resolution of related problems.
2. Reviews requests for services and other developer submittals for conformance with District requirements including parcel maps, subdivision maps and various other drawings; computes District fees and cost estimates for new water service requests.
3. Creates and maintains departmental filing systems, including active and archived records and project files for developer and capital projects, parcel maps and other property alterations, engineering correspondence, construction contracts, bonds and insurances and work orders; oversees scanning and indexing of all engineering documents.
4. Coordinates and tracks workflow of staff reports, water meter and fire service applications, development and capital projects, easement acquisitions and quitclaims.
5. Prepares a variety of correspondence such as availability and will-serve letters, meeting agendas and minutes, professional service agreements, and reports related to engineering documents.
6. Prepares and assists with updates and revisions to engineering maps, drawings, specifications, and engineering document templates related to developer and capital projects.
7. Coordinates activities with outside agencies to ensure District projects are planned in conjunction with road improvement projects.
8. Prepares and processes purchase requisitions and invoices.
9. Works with Purchasing Agent to track insurance certificates for District vendors. Scans and tracks all certifications by expiration date and inputs data into tracking software.
10. Relieves and/or assists other administrative personnel.
11. Assists in processing and tracking engineering construction contracts to ensure that insurance and bonding requirements are met and maintained during the life of the contract.
12. Provides administrative and technical support to the division including, but not limited to, word processing and working with databases/spreadsheets; preparing engineering transmittals, complex reports, tables, graphs, figures, and calculations; maintaining plan check logs; ordering supplies, processing mail, and photocopying/scanning; document notarization and recording.
13. Maintains and updates the engineering pages on the District’s website.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires at least three years’ experience in a customer service and/or engineering assistance role. Education related to administrative/engineering support is desirable. Public agency experience and/or familiarity providing administrative support to engineering, construction, or related businesses are desirable. Incumbents must demonstrate effective customer service skills with both internal and external customers; knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry; ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, sketches and maps; and research property ownerships and water capacities utilizing geographic information system maps. Position requires skills in modern office procedures and equipment. Incumbents must demonstrate skill in exercising independent judgment, and in performing duties in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
Incumbents must possess a Notary Public Certificate or obtain within six months of appointment, and a valid California driver’s license and be acceptable to the District automobile liability insurance carrier.
Must establish and maintain effective working relations with all District personnel and promote good relations with the public.
To apply for this job email your details to MBernal@vidwater.org