Website Vista Irrigation District
Under the general direction of the General Manager, directs, coordinates, plans, organizes and supervises the development and management of the District’s Administrative activities including Human Resources, Employee Relations and Development, Safety and Risk, Water Conservation, Information Technology, Public Information, Administrative Services, Finance and Customer Service. Acts with a high degree of independence of action in the areas above.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Through subordinate managers and supervisors, plans, directs, and manages all activities and functions of the Administration Division including Administrative Services, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Customer Service, Safety and Risk Management.
2. Oversees the District’s records management system, including manual filing systems and automated document imaging and database systems; maintains responsibility for the accuracy and upkeep of District records, documents and other files.
3. Through the Administration and Customer Service sections, administers the District’s public outreach and educational programs for schools, community organizations, service clubs, business community and the public. Oversees the development and maintenance of the District’s website.
4. Directs the development and administration of the District’s budget, revenue forecast, water rates, fees and charges.
5. May serve as the District’s Assistant Treasurer or Treasurer.
6. Directs the district’s Information Technology activities.
7. Coordinates the District’s general liability, property, workers’ compensation and benefit insurance programs.
8. Responsible for overseeing collective bargaining labor negotiations.
9. Through the Human Resources Department, recommends employment, promotions, recognition and disciplinary action for all District employees.
10. Through the Human Resources Department, administers employment procedures, grievances, classification and pay, and employer-employee relations.
11. Develops and implements policies and long-range goals for departments and sections within the Administration Division.
12. Advises, instructs, and confers with the public on District policies and makes decisions as to the interpretation, implementation, and administration of those policies.
13. Serves as a representative of the District with other water agencies and public jurisdictions.
14. Composes contracts, correspondences, and memoranda as required.
15. Supervises, trains and evaluates the performance of reporting managers, supervisors and administrative staff.
16. May serve as the Acting General Manager when designated.
17. Performs other related work as assigned.
Principles, methods, and practices of public water utility management relating to governmental financial accounting, statutory laws and regulatory agency rules governing special districts, public administration, cost estimating, contract administration, public personnel administration, employer-employee relations, supervision, employee development, public relations, budget development, and information systems.
English, usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Advanced methods of report preparation and presentation. Data processing.
Demonstrated Ability to:
Effectively plan, direct, establish and achieve goals, manage and develop policies for all of the administrative functions of the District.
Collect, organize and analyze data on a variety of topics.
Exercise leadership, authority and supervision tactfully and effectively. Communicate clearly and concisely.
Establish and maintain effective working relations with all District personnel and promote good relations with the public.
Must have a valid California driver’s license and be acceptable to the District’s automobile liability insurance carrier.
Training and Experience:
Five years of supervisory experience and project management experience in a related field and a combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge and ability to perform the duties of the position as stated above. Additionally, two years professional level experience performing varied accounting, auditing, and financial analysis and reporting work.
Education equivalent to four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, public administration or a related field. Postgraduate courses in public finance, business or public administration are desirable. Possession of a Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.vidwater.org.