Website Vista Irrigation District
Employment Opportunity Notice
Hourly Pay: $46.05 to $55.97
Salary Range: $95,778 to $116,416
Under the direction of the Information Technology Supervisor, develops, configures, deploys, maintains and secures the enterprise network and server systems. This includes defining network and server architectures to meet business needs, recommending architectural and security standards and resolving technical problems related to the network, desktop and server systems. As part of the Information Technology team, provides support resolving end user hardware and software issues.
1. Primary responsibility for the District’s local and wide area network topology and security.
2. Assists in constructing, configuring, maintaining and supporting enterprise wide systems including file, e‑mail, print, web, database, backup, network, virtualization, security and cloud based services.
3. Primary responsibility for life cycle management of servers (physical and virtual), firewalls, routers, switches, data storage systems, data backup systems, backup power systems and associated software, including the evaluation, selection, acquisition, setup, configuration, deployment, and disposal.
4. Assists Information Technology staff in identifying and resolving desktop, server, peripheral, network, and security problems; creating and terminating user accounts and assignment of permissions; and conducting daily system and data backups, including media rotation offsite.
5. Coordinates operating system updates, patches and fixes for server and desktop systems including updates to backup systems and virtualized environments.
6. Primary responsibility for administrating and troubleshooting user accounts, access permissions and security settings using Active Directory and Group Policy tools.
7. Coordinates and monitors internet and e-mail filtering and virus scanning services/software to maintain the enterprise security against virus and malware attacks. Responds to security threats, detections or warnings from these systems.
8. Primary responsibility for administrating and troubleshooting backup power systems for server and network infrastructure components.
9. Primary responsibility for constructing, configuring and maintaining enterprise wide data storage.
10. Assists in configuring and administering wide area communication devices and services.
11. Administers registration and renewal of domain names and security certificates.
12. Assists in establishing backup policies with supporting technology and offsite storage services to maintain data integrity and provide for disaster recovery.
13. Recommends and assists in establishing technology user policies and procedures.
14. Makes recommendations for budget planning.
15. Ensures secure local and remote access to enterprise computing systems and information.
16. Oversees network cabling/fiber design and installation inside District buildings. Assists in the support of projectors and other multi-media devices at District office.
17. Analyzes information collected from monitoring systems to identify network security risks and determine network stability and usage.
18. Primary responsibility for administrating network related hardware/software maintenance and service contracts with outside vendors. Works with vendors to monitor and maintain network firewalls, routers and switches.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have a combination of education, training and experience, which demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job duties. The Information Technology System Administrator must have experience working independently, exercising good judgment and in following projects through to completion.
A typical qualifying background is:
1. Proficient with Windows Server operating systems including Server 2012R2 to 2019;
2. Proficient managing servers in a highly virtualized environment including VMware ESXi and vCenter experience;
3. Proficient managing a Microsoft Active Directory domain environment including GPO;
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2016 and 365;
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365;
6. Working knowledge of maintaining a network environment including Cisco ASA and Layer 3 switching technologies including Cisco AnyConnect VPN;
7. Two years of experience in installing software and hardware and troubleshooting problems in PC environments;
8. One year of experience with working in a Microsoft SQL database environment;
9. Strong user support skills and problem solving (debugging) skills;
10. Sound communication skills; and
11. Experience in learning new systems quickly and effectively.
Additional desired qualifications include:
1. Experience in end-user training;
2. One year experience Microsoft with SQL databases;
3. One year experience with ESRI, AutoCAD, and MC2 software;
4. Microsoft SCCM or other system management suites preferred;
5. Two years of experience with SharePoint or other portal software;
6. Experience maintaining an Enterprise VoiP phone system;
7. One year experience with managing Smartphones and tablets in an Enterprise environment;
8. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field of study.
Must have a valid California driver’s license and must be acceptable to the District’s automotive liability insurance carrier.
Must establish and maintain effective working relations with other personnel and promote good relations with the public.
The most appropriately qualified applicants will be invited to continue in the selection process which may consist of competency testing (including a practical exam), a written exercise and oral interviews by District personnel or qualified individuals from other public agencies or any combination thereof. The District expressly reserves the right to change the selection process in order to identify the most qualified candidates as required by federal and state law.
To help streamline the application and hiring process, we have implemented new recruiting software. All applicants will apply via our website at www.vidwater.org under the “careers tab”. We will no longer accept paper applications. You will need to upload your resume and cover letter on our new application portal.
Job offers are contingent upon a pre-employment medical examination and drug testing.
Oral interviews and testing will be done in compliance with local and state COVID-19 protocols and may include remote interviews as well as onsite physically distanced interviews/testing.
Open Until Filled
To apply for this job please visit www.vidwater.org.