Website Padre Dam Municipal Water District
Padre Dam MWD is looking for an Accounting Specialist to process accounts payable. The ideal candidate will be exceptional at multitasking, problem solving and have excellent organizational skills.
Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, incumbent is responsible for performing a wide range of activities covering all aspects of accounts payable. Duties include: updating billable rates; maintaining accounts payable vendor files; verifying account coding and proper approval for purchase requests; maximizing vendor discounts; processing weekly accounts payable and periodic manual payments; modifying accounts payable procedures as needed; performing other general accounting tasks and research projects as requested; and training employees on the purchasing policy; and other duties as required.
- Verifies accuracy of salary tables for automated payroll processes.
- Provides training for purchasing processing (AP).
- Monitors and ensures timely processing of all debt service payments.
- Processes remittance of quarterly County Water Authority capacity fees.
- Processes quarterly CERBT reimbursement requests.
- Assists Accounting Manager with preparations for various financial and industry audits.
- Establishes and modifies accounts payable procedures to accommodate changes in operational needs and/or software changes.
- Develops/updates/maintains spreadsheets and reports used to analyze/track accounts payable, and other items.
- Interprets departmental and Padre Dam policies and procedures as they relate to accounts payable to ensure compliance.
- Reviews miscellaneous and developer receivables and follows-up on delinquencies.
- Processes accounts payable by assigning vendor numbers, matching invoices with purchasing authority and receiving documents; keys matched documents, issues immediate purchase orders, and keeps log; reconciles accounts payable records; processes manual payments.
- Maintains organized filing systems for Accounts Payable.
- Periodically, the accounting specialist may assist in the customer service department with phone and front desk coverage or other as needed duties.
- Performs miscellaneous research and special projects.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills, Training, Experience & Licensing
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Accounts payable.
- Accounting principles.
- Skills (position requirements at entry):Performing mathematical calculations;
- Reconciling accounts;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Office practices, filing systems, telephone etiquette;
- Perform detailed work on multiple tasks;
- Work in an environment requiring continuous deadlines for work product completion;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry):
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) and two years’ experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
This position requires proven experience in an accounts payable/purchasing position in a fast-paced environment.
Licensing Requirements (position requirements at entry):
- Valid California Driver’s License.
Application review will continue until we have a sufficient number of applicants to move forward with testing. We anticipate testing to occur in Mid-January and interviews at the end of January 2024.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.