Website Vallecitos Water District
Water & Wastewater Specialists since 1955
Open Until Filled. First application review January 25th. Apply online at www.vwd.org
Annual salary $85,168 – $114,132
Hiring range $85,168 – $93,897 DOE
▪ Evaluates work methods and operations; estimates time and material costs using CMMS; requisitions supplies and equipment; evaluates and institutes changes in work methods and priorities; institutes changes to increase effectiveness to meet department objectives; assists in developing the department budget and monitors expenditures;
▪ Reviews project plans and drawings with staff, making changes based on field observations and operational problems; inspects projects in progress and upon completion; provides technical advice and assistance on problems or unusual situations;
▪ Maintains records and writes a variety of reports and memos on work performed, materials and equipment utilization, and vandalism; maintains daily and monthly reports;
▪ Coordinates work with other agencies, divisions, and sections; responds to questions and complaints from the public and other agencies; responds to emergency situations;
▪ Holds regular meetings with staff to communicate expectations, receive feedback, resolve problems, develop trusting relationships, provide motivation and employee recognition, stay abreast of staff’s work activities, and provide required resources for work;
▪ Plans, assigns, supervises, reviews, and evaluates the work of 8 staff members, performing mechanical/electrical maintenance and repair duties for water and wastewater systems, wastewater treatment, and plant equipment.
A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities include: High school graduation or equivalent, and 4 years’ experience performing mechanical and/or electrical repairs and maintenance of equipment and facilities which included large capacity pumps and motors. Experience in repairs and maintenance of water distribution or wastewater collection systems preferred. Two years in a lead or supervisory role is required.
Must possess, or be able to obtain, a Class C California driver’s license. Possession of a California Water Environment Association (CWEA) Mechanical Technologist Grade 3 OR Electrical/Instrumentation Technologist Grade 3 is highly desirable. Possession of a State Water Resources Control Board Water Distribution Grade 2 is desirable.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate demonstrates situational leadership skills and can identify and adapt to the different motivation factors of staff. The Mechanical/Electrical Supervisor must be able to adjust communication style accordingly. This supervisor has the ability and desire to develop their employees. The ideal candidate deals constructively with conflict by developing effective resolutions. The Mechanical/Electrical Supervisor often works independently and must be self-motivated to successfully meet the goals of the District.
The ideal Mechanical/Electrical Supervisor has knowledge and experience in maintenance and repair of water or wastewater facilities and equipment. The Mechanical/Electrical department heavily supports the essential functions of the District, and this person must be capable of prioritizing and assigning work. This person is familiar with equipment and hand & power tools used in the work. Safety is a top priority. The preferred candidate will also have knowledge and experience in budget development and administration.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND QUALITY OF LIFE
✓ Annual Salary Increases and Cost of Living Allowances
✓ Social Security and CalPERS retirement with 3% at 60 formula for Classic members
✓ Choice of 4 medical plans with District contribution (100% Family Coverage Kaiser HMO)
✓ District-paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
✓ Two Deferred Compensation plans with $2,000 match
✓ Tuition Reimbursement, Computer Loan, and Employee Recognition programs
✓ Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs with on-site fitness room
✓ 9/80 work schedule with alternate Fridays off
The above terms are not a contract, subject to eligibility requirements and reflect the current Memorandum of Understanding with the Vallecitos Water District Employees’ Association.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com