Website Vista Irrigation District
Please visit our website at www.vidwater.org to apply.
Hourly Pay: $33.50 to $40.72
Under the general supervision of the Water Resources Supervisor, this position performs hard physical labor in construction, operations, patrol and maintenance tasks on the District’s structures, appurtenances and facilities at Henshaw Dam and the Warner Ranch. As a condition of employment, this position is required to work as an Emergency Responder and to work nights, holidays and weekends in harsh environmental conditions as required.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, this position is required to reside in District provided housing and to abide by special employment conditions and housing agreement, entitled, “Agreement Regarding Conditions of Employment at the Lake Henshaw Worksite.”
1. Performs a variety of construction and maintenance activities at the District’s Henshaw Dam and Warner Ranch properties and facilities. Operates power and hand tools such as: weed-whackers, jackhammers, posthole diggers, circular saws, chainsaws, wood chipper, etc.
2. Patrols and inspects Henshaw Dam, its appurtenances and facilities, and Warner Ranch properties and facilities.
3. Gathers and logs data on lake water levels, evaporation, weather and stream flow data.
4. Reads and logs water and electric meters on various wells and at other designated locations.
5. Performs 24-hour on call duty on alternate weekends.
6. Keeps records and makes reports on paper or on computer-generated reporting systems.
7. Performs or assists with welding, pipefitting, carpentry, cement work, and plumbing tasks as assigned.
8. Makes daily inspection of wells, weirs and siphons, and makes repairs as required.
9. Operates heavy equipment such as backhoes, skip loaders, dump trucks and trailers (requiring a “Class A” license), pump rigs, water trucks, forklifts, etc.
10. Operates and maintains electrical gear under the direct supervision of the Water Resources Supervisor or the System Controls Supervisor. Maintains skills, training, and experience as a “Qualified Person” consistent with the District’s Electrical Safety Program.
11. Operates and maintains the Warner Carrillo Ranch House private potable water system. Routinely collects water quality samples for analysis by the District’s laboratory.
12. Cleans and patches ditches.
13. Performs other related work as assigned.
This position requires education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. Must have recent experience performing hard physical labor in construction, wellfield maintenance, and ranching, landscaping or agricultural environments.
Must have a valid California driver’s license. Must obtain a Class A California commercial driver’s license within twelve months of employment and be acceptable to the District’s automobile liability insurance carrier. Must participate in a random alcohol and drug-testing program in accordance with federal Department of Transportation regulations.
Must establish and maintain effective working relations with District and concessionaire personnel at Lake Henshaw and promote good relations with the public.
To apply for this job email your details to MBernal@vidwater.org